Tuesday, November 28, 2006

John's back home - Nadolski update

I traveled up to Marsabit (northern Kenya) at the end of last week and I met with David and BJ. They are missionaries with the Anglican Church of Kenya. David has a PhD from a Big 10 school and BJ is a veterinarian (trained at UC Davis). These guys do not receive salary from the church. Rather, they do some big water/animal husbandry projects and then use the extra income to pay for expenses when they don't get a salary. They are real strong in their faith (both of them are missionary kids) and strong in their love for the local people.

We traveled to three Yaa's (villages where the chief and elders live). We got back to Marsabit on Tuesday morning, in time for me to catch a flight back to Nairobi. I couldn't stay longer because David and BJ wanted to drive to Nairobi and buy supplies for the project. Since they were leaving and my work in Marsabit was done, I was free to come home early.

I got back to Houston on Thursday afternoon - in time for some turkey and pie. IT IS GOOD TO BE HOME.

Thanks to everyone for your prayers. I am convinced that your prayers were effective - even to the point of letting me do six weeks worth of work in three weeks.

Please know how much we (Marcia and I) appreciate your prayers, calls, cards (thanks for the many birthday cards and cards for Marcia).

A dear friend from Sheridan, WY read that I was touched by the new church in Western Kenya. He read that I gave some money to the church ($80) and he pledged to match the money. Please let me know if anyone else wants to give to this church. (It's amazing. They can build the whole structure for about $1,000. The concrete floor is extra.)

Feel free to give us a call as you can. We'll love to hear from you.

John (and Marcia - who's catching up on her sleep)

"Do not grow weary in doing good for at the proper time, you will reap a harvest if you do not give up." Gal 6:9

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home